Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Writing to Santa

It is a traditional Christmas routine in our family to ask for presents from Santa. Accordingly, on Sunday evening, the girls wrote their letters with their wishes.

Anjali asked for a bubble wand that blows bubbles that are like snowflakes. Sophia went this way and that and finally settled on an oven that was as big as she was where she could play cook.

I can handle an oven. It is going to take a bit of work, but I am sure that I can take some cardboard, cover it with some kind of sticky wood texture paper, make a plastic door and convert it into an oven. But I have no idea what to do about a bubble wand that blows snowflakes. Honestly!

The girls posted their letters on their way to the market
I think Anjali suspects me of influencing Santa somehow.

On Monday morning, I was cutting up some plastic bangs to make a skipping rope and Anjali was painting her Krishna

"You can make a skipping rope from plastic bags?" she asked

"You can make anything from anything", I said confidently.

"But you cant make a bubble wand that blows snowflakes", she said. "Can you?", she added in a worried kind of voice.






"I haven't really thought about it", I said, though I had thought of little else all evening.  "Its quite hard, I think, Maybe even Santa may not be able to do it. " I was clearly expecting  a kind of a escape route. I could buy/ make a wand that looks like a snowflake, but I dont think she would buy it as something that Santa gave her.

"It has to be a little magical", she said.

Last year, when i made the castle  for Sophia's Christmas present, Anjali took one look at it and said "It looks like something mommy made!"

I therefore reckon that she suspects and must make sure that the handmade stuff dont look so mummy signatured. 



2 comments:

  1. Wow - that is a tough one. I remember a Christmas I asked Santa for a photograph of Rudolph - not a cartoon picture. I'll bet my parents felt a lot like you do. I got a stuffed Rudolph with a handwritten note from Santa explaining that Rudolph was camera shy. The note was not written by my parents - I checked the writing! Maybe if you give her whatever you can find that is closest to her request with a note from Santa explaining why it's not exactly what she wanted. Off the top of my head something along the lines of how magical snowflakes are and how they have to be created in a certain way but that he loves bubbles too and hopes the wand will help her keep the magic of Christmas close all year - I'm sure you can come up with something better. Good luck - I will be interested to hear how it all pans out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for the note. I have been mentally preparing a note myself and thinking of getting one of those magical crystal growing kits instead.

      Delete

For your little notes and ideas